Monday, May 2, 2011

Sakura Matsuri Festival!



This weekend was the cherry blossom festival at the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens. Aside from viewing the beautiful cherry blossoms they had performances by traditional and j-pop artists, plus they had all sorts of Manga and Lolita stuff going on. I was fortunate enough to walk in at the time the flower hat dance was going on, with lovely ladies and gents dress in bright orange yukatas performing a festive song and dance about corn (I was told). Since I was there to primarily shoot anyone walking around in costumes I made sure I hit the manga area, and the Parasol Society parade, in which Lolitas walk around the park and into the Osborne garden. At the Osborne garden there was a band leading them in song and dance with the band leader from Happyfunsmile in a fun pink costume really getting everyone excited with her insane energy.










No comments:

Post a Comment