Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Nyack, good for 30 seconds



Debra and I wanted to get out of the city for a bit on Sunday so we drove out to Nyack, NY. I'd never been and Debra hadn't gone since she was a kid, and it was a depressed town then but then again everywhere in New York was back then. Things have changed, but apparently not enough. I was expecting cuter and quainter from Nyack but, alas, it was a bit of a let down. When we got there we first went to get lunch since it was almost 2pm and most places stop serving lunch around 3ish. We went on Yelp and went with the best reviewed, The Hudson House, it wasn't super bad but what I ordered was practically in edible. I got a miso marinated chicken salad, which sounded good. It had too many conflicting things going on, half the salad was giant slices of ginger, which should have been a sprinkle of grated ginger. Then there were tasteless pieces of boiled-like chicken, a tiny bit of lettuce, wedges of peeled lime, wonton soup crunchy noodles, and fennel. I hated because I was hungry and I don't like wasting food, I feel even stronger about that since the earthquake in Japan. Anyway, after lunch we strolled around for a bit, there were some cute houses and interesting alleys, and then there was the waterfront, which I feel we might have missed something there. All in all, the town feels pretty run down but not charming enough to warrant a 1hr 15min drive. We left after about 2 hours from our arrival time.




No comments:

Post a Comment