Friday, August 27, 2010

Japanese books and other goodness


ISBN978-4-579-1190-6
Friday I took a very leisurely trip through Kinokuniya with the intentions of getting a couple of fashion mags and a new supply of craft books. I also picked up two rement boxes and a momiji doll. I will post pics of the momiji, rement and one more book in my next post.


This dress book has some of the prettiest dresses I've seen so far coming out of the Japanese pattern books.


ISBN978-4-579-11278-4
This book has amazing hair accessories and jewelry a lot made with lurex yarns, really pretty.





ISBN978-4-579-11094-0
I never knew how to make some of the more complicated flowers before to add to a bag or an outfit and this book has patterns and step-by-step instructions. Some of them are a little bit more difficult because they requires a special iron to mold the petals of the flowers.




ISBN978-4-8347-3002-9
The little creatures in this book are so dang cute, that even if you don't make them it's just really adorable to see.





ISBN978-4-8347-2802-6
Awesome embroidery patterns




ISBN978-4-579-11286-9
Absolutely gorgeous lacy crochet!




2 comments:

  1. I'm so crazy about the dresses!
    I want to get the same!
    Did you manage to make one of them?
    Isn't it too difficult even if you can't understand the explanations in japanese?

    ReplyDelete
  2. not from these books yet from the Nani Iro and another Stylish Dress book I have. If you are an experienced seamstress, you can figure it out. Best thing is to look at the pattern layout on the fabric and then find the pieces in the patterns, and just follow basic dress sewing.

    ReplyDelete