Thursday, September 22, 2011

oh Kinokuniya, you siren! Japanese & Korean goodness

Wednesday was a good day out for me. I went back to K-town to meet Debra for lunch at Worjip, a Korean deli/cafe. Worjip has a nice self-serve buffet bar, plus prepackaged lunch boxes and bentos. They also have a little specials area in the back where they will make the special to order and it's a set meal, usually comes with salad or pickles. Unfortunately, I was so overwhelmed by the whole experience I didn't snap one shot, such a dingbat. After lunch I headed over to Paris Baguette, a Korean pastry shop, where again my mind was blow by the pastry extravaganza, but this time I got it together enough to snap a few shots for you lovely readers to take a peek at. I got a hot green tea latte and nothing else only because I made a royal pig out of myself at Worjip, but not to worry I had a treat there the last time I was in K-town and will again! What I loved about Paris Baguette aside from every delicious pastry was that it reminded me of all the wonderful pastry shops in Japan, like St. Honoré.

Paris Baguette
Paris Baguette
Paris Baguette
Paris Baguette
Paris Baguette
Paris Baguette
After my green tea latte, I headed further uptown on sixth avenue (avenue of the americas) to Toho, a great shop for those who like to make jewelry. Toho is a Japanese vendor who sells, findings & beads, I picked up a few little findings for some rings and necklaces I'm making, will post soon.
A few blocks away, my home away from home, Kinokuniya. I perused the aisles of crafting and came home with few books, I'm ashamed to say, only because I'm on a tight budget these days (but pleased as punch to have found these beauties). I will show you one today only because it will be an image overload and post the rest over the next couple of days. The book I'm showing you is a wonderful stamp book with the artwork of three well known stamp artists, Mizutama, Mogerin, and Yuki, Eraser stamp design can BOOK.

Kinokuniya
Kinokuniya
Kinokuniya
Kinokuniya
Japanese books
Japanese books
Japanese books
Japanese books
Japanese books


消しゴムはんこ図案BOOK
レディブティックシリーズ 3257 クラフト
mizutama/〔著〕 mogerin/〔著〕 yuki/〔著〕
出版社名 : ブティック社
出版年月 : 2011年8月
ISBNコード : 978-4-8347-3257-3

Eraser stamp design can BOOK
Craft Lady Boutique Series 3257
Author]] yuki / [Author] mogerin / [Author mizutama / [
Publisher Name: Butikku社
Publication Date: August 2011
ISBN: 978-4-8347-3257-3


OH! I found these ads in the windows of my once employer (yes I worked for them but I'm not allowed to say anything negative about them because they can do some serious damage to me and mine, so I will never use their name, but you know who they are).I was disappointed and nostalgic all at the same time. Disappointed because my wonderful, dear, sweet Nakameguro is being used like a cheap whore, but nostalgic because I truly miss my wonderful, dear, sweet Nakameguro, my once home in Tokyo.

IMG_9843

No comments:

Post a Comment