Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Paper pretties- new and vintage finds

Yesterday after dropping off my camera equipment at Calumet, who BTW are amazing for rentals, I accidentally discovered a cake and baking goods wholesale/retail supplier on the same block. First thing I thought, DOILIES! It's a giant warehouse space filled with every baking need imaginable. They had pretty cupcake paper cups in every design. My favorites were the polka dots and gingham ,of course. I had to be mindful of my budget so I just got red with white polka dots, superior of the dot designs besides multi color dots as far as I'm concerned. I also had to make a choice of large or small, gold or white, doilies. Went with the mini white, I think I'll get more use out of them and they came in a higher count, 30ct. They also had these neat little popcorn boxes, hmmm what shall I make with them.

Awesome paper crafty finds
Saturday I spent the morning at the Brooklyn Flea and was very fortunate to find these lovelies. Vintage, unused, product labels. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I could find unused ones.
Vinatge labels Vinatge labels
Next up, I found this great paper house template at Muji last week, and I'm so excited to make one. I think this could be one of the ideas I pitch to my friend for her wedding.
Muji paper house template

3 comments: