Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Ootoya and Japadog in NYC

This past week I have had the good fortune of trying out two new Japanese restaurants in NYC. First, Ootoya, a beautiful restaurant that is a sister restaurant to all its popular chain counterparts in Tokyo. D and I actually ate at two Ootoya's while in Tokyo our last two trips their together. The NYC version, in the Flatiron district, is quite elegant and the food is phenomenal. I went for lunch and of course in Japanese tradition I had a lunch set, which with the main entree came a savory egg custard, pickles, miso soup and unlimited hot tea. Of course I followed up with a dessert, maatcha amitsu, green tea ice cream with sweet beans, green tea agar, floating in a dish of soy milk and accompanied with a little dish of homemade caramel syrup to drizzle on the concoction. I love sitting at the counter to get a full view of the open kitchen. Ootoya Ootoya Ootoya Ootoya Ootoya Ootoya Ootoya Ootoya Ootoya Ootoya

Next up, Japadog, a fastfood insanity of dogs on a bun. This is total junkfood but probably extra delicious after drinking. I had a tasty Beef Terimayo combo, a beef dog toppped with mayo, fried onions and seaweed. It came with a soda and fries, I got got the soy butter fries, I would not recommend this, just get regular fries and dip in wasabi mayo!

japadog japadog japadog japadog japadog japadog getting there: Ootoya 8 West 18th Street NY, NY take 4,5,6,N,R,Q trains to Union Square or F, M trains to 14th Street Japadog 30 St Mark's Place NY, NY take 6 train to Astor Place

2 comments:

  1. Such good eats this week, Jannese! I'll definitely have to hit up Ootoya soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! These places look amazing! Japadog looks like a great midnight munchies kinda place! xx

    ReplyDelete