Monday, May 7, 2012

Belated Sakura Matsuri

About two weekends ago Sewon and I went to the Sakura Matsuri festival at the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens and I just got my rolls of film back and I wanted to share. We had a lot of fun, we even made a little picnic, Sewon made delicious tuna and beef onigiri and I brought homemade Japanese style cucumber pickles. Sadly, the Sakura were past their full bloom and only a few blossoms remain,but still there were many other exciting events happening at the festival. My favorite is the Hanagasa Odori (Flower Hat Dance) it's a beautiful performance of women dress in colorful yukatas with pretty straw hats adorned with flowers dancing and singing to a traditional lively Japanese song. Of course the lolita parade is always fun to see and admire the lovely and skillful costume-making of all the dresses. Lolita parade Lolita parade Lolita parade Hanagasa Odori Hanagasa Odori Hanagasa Odori Hanagasa Odori Hanagasa Odori Hanagasa Odori Hanagasa Odori Hanagasa Odori Hanagasa Odori Hanagasa Odori Hanagasa Odori Hanagasa Odori Hanagasa Odori more pics here

No comments:

Post a Comment