Saturday, December 4, 2010

Mayhem and madness


Gallery

Today is a day of total madness, just running around getting ready for the group show at In Rivers and the craft fair at Astoria Market. I started early cutting mats and frames for my artwork. Then my partner and I grabbed my stuff and my dog hoping to drop off my work at the gallery in Greenpoint after dropping my dog at the groomers. Didn't work out that way. I dropped Budda off for his grooming appointment and headed home.


Homeless sleeping at Nassau station.

After circling for half an hour in the car trying to find a spot I decided driving to Greenpoint would be an excercise in frustration. I took the G to Greenpoint Ave and was really happy the gallery was about a 100ft away because it's freezing today and it will make the gallery really accessible to everyone.


OWLLz.... In Rivers gallery

Lau and Giancarlo, the gallery proprietor and curators, were super nice and the space was really awesome. I'm so excited for the opening. Lau's mom may cook for the event!


Manhattan Ave, Greenpoint

After meeting Lau, Giancarlo, and their sweet kitty I walked to the most delicious Polish food place,Lomzynianka, on Manhattan Ave and Nassau. I got the kielbasa and red borcht, super yummy!


Lomzynianka kitchen


Lomzynianka diners

When I got home I scarfed my food down and got to building a display for my wares. Grabbed some foamcore, exacto, pins, and fabric and got to work. I will post pics from the Market tomorrow.


My baby after his haircut. *kiss*

- Posted by misskitty1970

No comments:

Post a Comment