I got the Stamp book by Mizutama and other Japanese stamp artists, a couple of weeks ago and it came with a wonderful stamp set including a whole alphabet letter set, but it needed mounting to be usable. It's taken me a week and a half to frakin' finish this stamp set, and obviously A LOT of BSG (Battle Star Galactica). I made myself crazy finishing this project while I was also making the galletica stationery set. I was trying to figure out how I could make the letter stamp set compact and much like the one I bought at Loft in Tokyo, where it neatly fit into a little box. SO! I thought balsa wood, it's easy to cut and I could buy long square dowels for a couple of dollars. So the first part took a while because I had to cut two sets of 26 wood mounts, so that's 52 pieces, then another 10 for the numbers. I glued all the rubber letters onto the wood pieces, next I needed to make a cute box to keep them in so I recycled a cut priority mail box, and made a small box with a lid. Then I had to make it pretty, so I used some of the cute polka dot origami paper I had and some pretty matching mt tapes for the edges. After I was done with that I realized I had to add identification to the tops of all the stamps so it won't take me hour looking for the letter "a". First I hand-lettered all the tops but wasn't loving it. Finally I printed letters and glued it to the tops of the mounts. I also mounted all the other stamps only a few are pictured here. Done! Eeep!