Monday, September 13, 2010

Clay, Bikes and furry beasts


Thursday night Adriana and I went to the pottery studio to refine our bowls. Which means slow an methodical scraping and carving. I went a little far with one of my bowls trying to even out the bowl and I punched a hole in it. I repaired it, but we'll see if it makes a difference after it's fired in the kiln.


Here are two of my bowls and Adriana's on the bottom right.


Part of the weekend is a doggy snuggle here's Budda loving my down comforter (he has his own too).


Friday I was home as you saw from my last post and worked on my dress. I'm almost done with it now just have to hem it tonight while my partner is at her cooking class.

Saturday morning Debra and I took my bike over to Bicycle Station and got my warped tire rim fixed for ten bucks. Then off to Williamsburg for lunch at Colette. We road the very convenient Hipster Highway, Kent ave and along the way there, there is the Brooklyn Navy Yards. Above there's a pic of this really great deco-ish building by the Navy Yards.


My bike, I feel, is in need of a few things. I would love to add some fenders. Also I would like to make a liner for mine front basket with really cute Japanese fabric. I have panniers that need to be mounted on the back rack and maybe I'll make liners for them too.


Super super great treat this weekend, I got to visit my former foster Olaf (now Widdershins)! This little boy was my favorite of all the kittens he's such a snuggler and he loves to be held.


Last night we had a rainy day treat, we went for a chocolaty treat with a yummy warm beverage to accompany our ice cream, I had jasmine pearls tea, at Blue Marble. This location, which is right around the corner from my apartment, will no longer be open after October 24th. Bummer :(
- Posted by misskitty1970

No comments:

Post a Comment