Sunday, April 5, 2009

Marnie gets her name and new clothes


Dear little Marnie is a Bradley doll that's been sitting on my shelf for a year in her rags and disheveled hair ever since we got back from Portland. I spent Thursday and Friday planning the pattern and materials to use on her, I thought an a-line dress would look great on her since she's a 60's doll and she has a big booty and boobies. Her arms needed to be secured to her torso also the stitches were coming apart. Her stocking legs were more like elephants legs so I had to try and gently stretch the fabric and re-pin it to the tops of her thighs. She still needs a pair of new panties but they'll have to wait I was in the middle of working on four Blythe dresses to put up in the store and duplicates for my girls when I got sidetracked on this project. But I'm happy I did it, I don't like any of my girls looking shabby. I based the dress pattern of the skipper All Spruced up, sans the cuffs and an added bib with ric rac and buttons. Marnie pics


No comments:

Post a Comment