Friday, January 4, 2008

Suki's new look!



Suki, who's a Star Dancer, has had previous incarnations, in other words I have changed her look 3 times. First time she ended up looking like trailer trash, second time she looked like a freaky clown, but third times the charm. She looks so sweet and innocent. I gave her a bob with bangs which required ironing her hair. I sand matted her face to remove the previous makeup, not an easy task. Now, the last thing should have been a breeze, a simple eyechip removal and change. Normally I use the glue-stick method and it pops right out, not this time. One of the eyechips no prob, the second one I think might have been glued by something NASA invented, holy crap! I tried all the tricks but nothing worked. I did the glue stick a dozen times, with in between, wetting the chips with soaked cotton balls, left her in the freezer over night (I wrapped her in a towel so she wouldn't get cold, or stink like our freezer, blech!), nothing worked. Finally, I had to resort to desparate measure, the last resort in dolly customizing for eyechip removal, using a power drill (so scary). First I had to drill with an 1/8" bit into the eye chip which waas not easy tack, the bit kept slipping, the eye mechanism kept moving, this is how I ended up nicking her little face by the eye socket. After a while I had enough space to but a drywall screw in there with a screwdriver, this is how ended up cutting my hand, ouch! But thae dolly gods finally gave me a break and the eyechip popped out. I sanded out the nick but in the eyechip and she looks gorgeous! here are some before and after pics.

Suki out of the box


trailer trash Suki


freaky clown Suki


Introducing Suki's sweetie pie look!

2 comments: