Sunday, February 28, 2010

New Winter Set for Frida and Vintage finds


"Frida's new winter set"

I made this little corderoy duffel coat with cute Japanese fabric lining. I added multi-colored buttons and red ric-rac. The lining are multi-colored tiny teddy bears on a creamy white ground. Then I crocheted a matching Gnome hat with this lovely angora yarn and I added an apple button to the strap closure.

yesterday was my birthday and Although we had plans to be in Iceland and it went all to hell, we still managed to have a nice day. We started off at the Brooklyn Flea, an indoor flea market, where I found an awesome tobacco pocket tin and lots of vintage sewing goodies.


The coat's lining is the first fabric on the right, tiny bears need to take a pic of the inside.


Vintage finds


awesome vintage early 70's double-knit fabric

No comments:

Post a Comment